Right-clicking while holding a hoe activates Green Terra.
Effects while activated: Chance to get 3x drops from harvesting plants. 100% chance to convert the following blocks as long as you have seeds in your inventory by left-clicking the blocks:
- Cobblestone into Mossy Cobblestone
- Stone Brick into Mossy Stone Brick
- Dirt into Grass
Green Thumb (Wheat/Carrots/Potatoes/Nether Wart) Edit
When harvesting a fully-grown plant, there is a chance for the player to instantly replant the crop. The growth stage of the plant in order to replant is based on Herbalism level. Replanting will use one of either wheat seeds, carrots, or potatoes depending on what was harvested. You can also get a chance at getting an extra piece of wheat, carrots, potatoes, or nether wart.
Herbalism Level Wheat Stage Chance 0 - 199 0 (Lvl 0) 0% - 13.2% 200 - 399 I 13.2% - 26.6% 400 - 599 II 26.6% - 40% 600 - 799 III 40% - 53.2% 800-1500 IV 53.2% - 100%(Lvl 1500)
Using a mushroom on a block of dirt will attempt to use "Shroom Thumb". If successful, it will turn the block of dirt into a block of mycelium, consuming both a red and a brown mushroom to do so.
To do this, you need both a red and brown mushroom in your inventory, and a sufficiently high Herbalism level. The chances of your success increases with your Herbalism level, but both mushrooms will be consumed whether you succeed or not.
Farmer's Diet Edit
- Your past experience with growth hormones has taught you how to get the most out of your food. This passive skill increases the amount of hunger grown food restores as your Herbalism level increases.
|0 - 199||0||0|
200 - 399
|400 - 599||II||2|
|600 - 799||III||3|
|800 - 999||IV||4|
Note: Farmer's Diet is similar to the healing effect herbalism gave pre- 1.8.
Hylian Luck Edit
Hylian Luck gives you a small chance to get special items when certain blocks are broken with a sword. Currently the blocks that are affected by this are:
- Dead Bushes
Grass/Saplings/Dead Bushes will drop melon seeds, pumpkin seeds, or cocoa. Flowers will drop potatoes, carrots, or apples.
You have a 1% chance at Level 100 for this drop to occur when a corresponding block is broken. The chance goes up by 1% every 100 Levels, so at Level 1000 you'd have a 10% chance for a drop to occur.
The drops depend on who owns the server, it can be chosen to drop another plant like cocoa beans, pumpkin seeds, and melon seeds, on rare occasions you can find a diamond drop, but it has a drop chance of .001 after the chance for the drop.
Double Drops (All Corresponding Blocks) Edit
It's as simple as it sounds: a chance to get double drops from every farmed object. The chance to get "Double Drops" is increased 0.1% each Level. If you are Level 1000 your chance will be 100%.
This chart details the amount of experience gained from harvesting the respective crops.
EXP Gained (per unit)
Training Herbalism Edit
Nether Wart: Nether Wart grow fastest among all the crops while giving 50 exp.
- Pro: Grow rate fastest. Cons: Soul sand require, slow walking speed on top of soulsand.
Sugarcane: Train herbalism, with no resources, is to make an extremely large sugar cane farm. Keep in mind that hitting the second high sugar cane block on a 3 block high sugarcane will give 60 exp, provided that the sugar cane is 3 blocks high. Hitting the first sugar cane would give 90 exp, likewise, but only if that sugar cane is "natural", meaning no player has placed it.
- Best outcome of Sugarcane Farm: Build a sugarcane farm large enough, and before you able to finish harvesting the sugarcane, it grows back to 3 block high sugarcane, so it'll be an unlimited cycle of harvesting sugarcane.
- Pros: unlimited harvesting of Sugarcane,countering sugarcane grow rate. Con: Large space needed.
Bonemeal: Have a dispenser, with bone meal, on a redstone clock to dispense bone meal on the ground. The flowers grown will give 100 exp and the grass gives 10 exp (exp vary from the server's settings). It doesn't give as much exp as the sugar cane, atleast you don't have to wait for the flowers to grow. This means you can do it for longer periods of time.
- Best outcome of Dispenser-Bone meal-Flower Farm: Combination of minecart, skeleton spawner and redstone clock. Using minecart to move around and all you need is to hit the flower. Using skeleton spawner to get unlimited supply of bones by making the skeleton fall dead or almost dead.
- Pro: Only clicking involve. Cons: Server redstone restriction, huge amount of bonemal require.
Mushroom: Find a mooshroom/mycelium island and punch all the mushrooms, This is effective because a mushroom is worth 150 exp. Build a underground mushroom farm. Go to top of nether and hit all mushroom
- Cons: Travelling require, time consuming, non-renewable source of exp while mushroom farm grow with a very slow rate. Server restriction on top of nether.
Flower: Find a flower forest biome and break all the flowers there. The exotic flowers give high amounts of exp, 150 exp normally, exp vary from server's settings
- Cons: Travelling require. time consuming and non-renewable source of exp.
Patience on training herbalism.
The best of Herbalism is you can eat your crops with bonus hunger restoration, though crops will gain more energy than meats, if the hunger bar is the energy bar. Not bad actually to replace a Cow Spawner to Crops Farm, cost saving and taking Carrot all around instead of Steak. (Carrot is the easiest to handle among all the crops)
By the way, the sequences of each farm for Herbalism training atop are arrange in the form of Best to Worst. That's why Nether Wart with least explanation stand on top.