Right-clicking while holding a hoe activates Green Terra.
Effects while activated:
Chance to get 3x drops from harvesting plants. 100% chance to convert the following blocks as long as you have seeds in your inventory by left-clicking the blocks:
- Cobblestone into Mossy Cobblestone
- Stone Brick into Mossy Stone Brick
- Dirt into Grass
Green Thumb (Wheat/Carrots/Potatoes/Nether Wart) Edit
When harvesting a fully-grown plant, there is a chance for the player to instantly replant the crop. The growth stage of the plant in order to replant is based on Herbalism level. Replanting will use one of either wheat seeds, carrots, or potatoes depending on what was harvested. You can also get a chance at getting an extra piece of wheat, carrots, potatoes, or nether wart.
Herbalism Level Wheat Stage Chance 0 - 199 0 (Lvl 0) 0% - 13.2% 200 - 399 I 13.2% - 26.6% 400 - 599 II 26.6% - 40% 600 - 799 III 40% - 53.2% 800-1500 IV 53.2% - 100%(Lvl 1500)
Shroom Thumb Edit
Using a mushroom on a block of dirt will attempt to use "Shroom Thumb". If successful, it will turn the block of dirt into a block of mycelium, consuming both a red and a brown mushroom to do so.
To do this, you need both a red and brown mushroom in your inventory, and a sufficiently high Herbalism level. The chances of your success increases with your Herbalism level, but both mushrooms will be consumed whether you succeed or not.
Farmer's Diet Edit
- Your past experience with growth hormones has taught you how to get the most out of your food. This passive skill increases the amount of hunger grown food restores as your Herbalism level increases.
|0 - 199||0||0|
200 - 399
|400 - 599||II||2|
|600 - 799||III||3|
|800 - 999||IV||4|
Note: Farmer's Diet is similar to the healing effect herbalism gave pre- 1.8.
Hyrulian Luck Edit
Hylian Luck gives you a small chance to get special items when certain blocks are broken with a sword. Currently the blocks that are affected by this are:
- Dead Bushes
Grass/Saplings/Dead Bushes will drop melon seeds, pumpkin seeds, or cocoa. Flowers will drop potatoes, carrots, or apples.
You have a 1% chance at Level 100 for this drop to occur when a corresponding block is broken. The chance goes up by 1% every 100 Levels, so at Level 1000 you'd have a 10% chance for a drop to occur.
It is unknown what the amount of drops are. Please help edit this wiki with your contribution of information.
Double Drops (All Corresponding Blocks) Edit
It's as simple as it sounds: a chance to get double drops from every farmed object. The chance to get "Double Drops" is increased 0.1% each Level. If you are Level 1000 your chance will be 100%.
This chart details the amount of experience gained from harvesting the respective crops.
EXP Gained (per unit)
- The fastest way to train herbalism, with no resources, is to make an extremely large sugar cane farm. Keep in mind that hitting the second high sugar cane block on a 3 block high sugar cane will give 60 exp, provided that the sugar cane is 3 blocks high. Hitting the first sugar cane would give 90 exp, likewise, but only if that sugar cane is "natural", meaning no player has placed it.
- Have a dispenser, with bone meal, on a redstone clock to dispense bone meal on the ground. The flowers grown will give 40 exp and the grass gives 10. It doesn't give as much exp as the sugar cane, but you don't have to wait for the flowers to grow. This means you can do it for longer periods of time.
- A fast and AFK-able way is to stand in water while placing and breaking lily pads by holding left and right mouse button simultaneously. No longer works, no experience is received thanks to update, Still works on some servers
- Find a mooshroom/mycelium island and punch all the mushrooms, This is effective because a mushroom is worth 150 exp.
- Find a flower forest biome and break all the flowers there. The exotic flowers give a lot of exp.
- When harvesting sugar cane you get 30 exp per section, breaking the top then the middle then the bottom yields 60 exp total, assuming that the bottom is player placed. Naturally spawning sugar cane will yield exp for all sections. Breaking the middle section which automatically breaks the top section still grants 60 exp. (as of 1.2.5-1.4.6)
- Get to the nether, if possible, and mine off all the mushrooms you see: it should level you up pretty quickly.